Do you know your existing EECS password?
- You must change your password from a device inside the EECS network, for example, a lab computer, SSH servers, or your office desktop (for EECS fac/staff/grad students)
- Follow the instructions below based on what location you are resetting your password from.
- No... :,(
- See this section for instructions on how to reset your EECS account password.
To change your EECS password from Windows:
- Log into any Windows computer in the EECS network using your EECS account.
- a. If you are logged in locally, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and choose "Change a password".
b. If you are logged in remotely (via remote desktop or from a thin client), move your mouse to the top center of the screen. From the "Options" menu, pick 'Send CTRL+ALT+DELETE"
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change your password.
To change your EECS password from Linux:
- SSH into one of the EECS SSH servers:
- Use the “kpasswd” command NOT "passwd" and change your password
- Exit out of the SSH server and reconnect
Forgot your password? Account expired? Having trouble changing your password?
Go to the EECS Helpdesk in Sloan 358 to get help with these situations.