Firstly, find your outlook data files location by following this link
if you do not know where to find them.
Once you have located your outlook data files:
- Open Outlook
- If you have one, make sure your "archives" folder in the side menu is set to closed by right clicking and selecting Close.
- In your Side bar menu, underneath the email address that you would like your archived mail to be placed under, right click on your inbox where you would like to access the archived mail, create a new folder called anything you'd like, then make sure it is selected.
- Select File in the Top left corner and then choose "Open & Export"
- Select "Import/Export"
- By default "Import from another program or file" is selected, if not, choose this option then press Next.
- Select "Outlook Data File (.pst)", then press Next.
- Make sure the correct path to your data files is in the search box, if it is not, please select the path to your data files by selecting browse and navigating to the correct file path. Make sure the "Replace duplicates with items imported option is selected then press Next.
- If you would like to create a folder containing all of your archived mail for organizational purposes please follow step 10 and skip step 11. If you would like to "Merge" all archived mail into a particular email account assuming your email file is less than the 50GB limit for the email server to hold, proceed to step 11 skipping step 10.
- Select the "import items into the current folder" option and then click on Finish.
- Make sure the Import items into the same folder option is selected and the corresponding email is selected. This will "Merge" all of the old file structures and emails into the corresponding email inbox and folder structure. You can delete the folder you created in step 3 if this is the path you have chosen.
If there is a lot of email, it may require a short time to import all of the mail.