Frequently Asked Question
Your EECS Account
Last Updated 14 days ago
EECS account quick facts:
- If you are a student:
Your EECS account should be created by the first day of your first Electrical Engineering or Computer Science class.
- If you are faculty or staff:
Your EECS account will be created for you. Please stop by the EECS Helpdesk in Sloan 358 to get your account details.
- If you are having trouble logging in, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the EECS Helpdesk in Sloan 358 (bring your CougarCard).
- Remember: WSU
The first letter of your first name followed by the first 7 letters of your last name. No spaces, all lowercase.
If you have a common last name, your username may include a number at the end. Stop by the EECS Helpdesk to find out what your username is.
If you are unsure what your password is stop by the VCEA IT Helpdesk, located in Sloan 358.
EECS Account Expiration:
Your account can expire in two separate ways.
1. The password can expire.
- You will still be able to access your account via ssh or a domain joined computer, but you will be prompted to change your password upon logging in. You can also
- If you can't access GitLab or any other eecs managed service try sshing in.
- This occurs about every 6 months.
- This will cease all activity on your account and you will need to stop by the EECS Helpdesk in Sloan 358 to reactivate it.
- This occurs about every year.
- Note: this does not mean your account is deleted, but if your account isn't reactivated in a few years it will be deleted.